Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013 Part 1 of the new year

This will be a small contribution, but I didn't want you all to think I had given up writing this. Primarily to show you guys/ladies I am ready.

As one of my compatriot runners said. About 13 weeks. That is less than it sounds in days, but better than months, 3. That is before we fly off on the 4th of April to Morocco to start running on the 7th of April. This will be 6 days, 42.195 km / 26.2 miles per day = 260 km  / 156 mile in those 6 days.

What a lot of fun will we have. We will laugh together and alone, cry together and alone. We will yell at each other and what ever other human emotion exists.
But as I understand it, it is an event never to forget.

It seems people are getting really nervous now. What shall I wear, what will my feet do? Love it. Winding each other up (and your self). ;-)

So what am I doing:
1) The Runners Festive - not such a good contribution this year. But at least 2 runs in Spain which included climbing on rubble. Only did about 45 km between 23/12 and 01/01.

2) Hot Bikram Yoga (yes you Wayde, thanks for this). ;-) Been 3 times now, will go another 5 times before I call it quits as boredom may start to kick in.

3) Pilates - need to pick back up.

4) Cycling - seems to go well. But probably not very useful in the desert this time.

So all in all - I'm ready. And I only will get readier every day. However I will be careful. I don't want to get ill or break something.

So far,  a new year, it's going to be a great year. I am sure of that. So for now, enjoy yourself. Be careful because illness and breaks at this stage could be severely limiting.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/michielhoefsmit

No comments:

Post a Comment