Saturday 19 January 2013

2013 Part 3

This week I realised something, which I did know for a long time, but it came home much harder.
Warrior
Worrier
Do-er
Thinker

You would think what have these words in common? Well I think the perfect mix is if you have all 4 in the right doses. I don't know what the right mix is, but if you have only one, you will have issues.

The below are my assessments - they do or may not be in line with the Oxford or any other dictionary or thesaurus. But I never cared about being in line with anything or anybody so why start now?
What is a warrior - a person who has fear but knows how to overcome this and uses it as an advantage in their quests for greatness.
What is a worrier - a person who worries and doesn't really know how to overcome this worry and therefor it will hold the person back in their quest for greatness.
What is a Do-Er - a person who does things and is lucky that it sometimes goes right and sometimes goes wrong. But in the main, stuff gets done. But it could be done better.
What is a Thinker - a person who thinks it through and than does things. This person gets it right a lot of times, but less happens due to the thinking.

The above is my view and is not a value statement on people or people who apply any of the above trick of their trades. None of them is right or wrong.

So what this all to do with the MdS? Well we are now getting close to about 11 weeks before we are there. People have had a number of years to think an the closer we get the more they think they are wrong.
Then there are people who will wait till the end and just go on a splash and do / buy everything they need.
There are people thinking so much they get worried. Which means they are worried and start thinking about how to remove their worry.
The warriors will just dive in. They may be worried or have thought it through, but they have overcome their fear.

I'm not sure why I wrote all of the above, but it's been in my mind for a while and I wanted to stop thinking about it and do something with it so I wouldn't get worried and end up in a war with my self.

So Hot Bikram Yoga is really a benefit (thanks Wayde). I love it and will keep it up for another 1.5 months. I may do a heat chamber in Kingston University but not sure yet.

Today (19 Jan) I had a really great 30 minutes run on the treadmill with a 10k powerbag in my back. It even made the time on the daunted treadmill go faster (well not faster but I didn't get that bored). So a plus. Did a bit of running in the snow this week, very enjoyable. I should have done more, Hopefully I can get myself out of bed tomorrow (20 Jan) in time to be in Richmond Park at 08:30.

I've ramped up on the TRX and other bodyweight exercises and reduced weight training in return.

My main worries are:
What sleeping bag? Well I have options, haven't decided yet. Thinking, thinking.
What shoes? Well I have 3 different pairs, haven't decided yet. Thinking, thinking.
For the rest I either have most or it's not a relevant thing to think about.

I had jabs this week, as I seem to get scratched by the only thorny plant on a mountain, I got Hepatitis (a or b don't know) and Tetanus jabs. My shoulder a bit sore, but in the main no issues.

I really look forward meeting the people in life in the sandpit and some others in London at the end of February.

I understand we get a little tent flag. The so called Richmond Park Tent. That's quite cool, will go well with my Greek (birth country, Netherlands (grow up country), United Kingdom (live country) flags.

So that's it for now. I will be back soon with more. First a trip to the Netherlands somewhere this week.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/michielhoefsmit


No comments:

Post a Comment