Wednesday 16 April 2014

Injured

This week the doctor told me I cannot do:
Running, Weights if it puts weighted pressure on my right foot, anything else that puts pressure on my right foot.
I can swim and do weights sitting. I may cycle if there is no pain.
Ok, cool. Not. In 4 weeks I have Transvulcania in La Palma.

So what do I have. Well, I have uric acid levels that are seen in people with gout, but also are seen in people without gout. So that's like Schrodingers cat.
I do not have hallux rigidus which is a form of arthritis. So I guess that is good.

Next week I'm seeing a sports doctor who is one of the doctors of the Swiss (and others) Olympic team. So I'm sure she'll fix my foot and I'll be twice as fast.

The doctor in Switzerland is funny. The waiting room reminds me of an old fashioned doctors waiting room. There are magazines on the table. Clearly the Health & Safety Demons from the UK have not made it here yet. Also Swiss clock work. If your appointment is at 1530, then you will be helped at 1615. Seems good enough to me. So stop complaining about the NHS y'all.

So I'm doing weights and swim. And I will go cycling about 50k (if not getting lost) on Saturday. Because then I can eat an easter egg. O no, come to think of it I cannot. I can however not eat lot's of other stuff.
  • Limit meat, poultry and fish
  • Cut back on fat. 
  • Limit or avoid alcohol
  • Limit or avoid foods sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup. 
  • Choose complex carbohydrates.
  • Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
  • Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water. 
So I better be good, otherwise my foot will keep on hurting. It could be I need an insole. That's pretty funny, for somebody who runs on minimalist shoes. Sorts of defeats the object.

Maybe the shoes that died in the Barcelona marathon, were dead before the marathon. Using them I assume didn't help.

But I think, you can't be a runner if you don't have an injury (or 2).

But so much about me. 2014 MdS is over and one. Bring on registration for 2015. And there is an undisputed British King of the MdS. Danny Kendall. Normally I wouldn't be that excited about the British, but in this case I happily make an exception.

I also, totally different subject, am meeting a large telco in the UK. They will sort out my email problem. It's so special, that nobody really knows how/what. But the support I am getting is second to none. What does that mean actually? Seriously, respect for the support team.

So I understand Easter is coming.  I looked it up, as I'm a bit confused about what happened on what day. But I got it.
Easter is the most important and oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Christ and held (in the Western Church) between 21 March and 25 April, on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the northern spring equinox.
Which seems a bit funny, that it is the oldest. As I assume the gentleman had to be born first, then die, the resurrect. But I'm no expert.

Where the Easter bunny, chocolate eggs and searching for eggs comes from is not entirely clear to me. But again I'm no expert.

Well looking forward to the 50k cycle ride on Saturday and the pizza (I hope) afterwards. 

I noticed there are many people who finished the London Marathon, and there are many people who want to run it. Please people, a marathon is still a long distance. Watching it on tv and seeing people walk at Canary wharf 3 hours or so in, makes me wonder. I'm sure I'm not supposed to say this. But if you can't really run a marathon, and I am not talking about getting injured during, then should you be taking up a place?

But it's fun to see all these happy people. It was interesting as I was following or stalking people with finish times from about 2:57 to 5:01. But all of them, well done.

So far, I'm done, sleep now, off to London tomorrow.

Have fun and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment