Tuesday 16 October 2012

16 Oct 2012 - A short Update

Hello my dear friends, followers and casual readers,

I would like to thank you for your interest in what I got to write.

This is about small (my own) and large achievements (Malala and Felix).


I guess you have all seen Felix Baumgaertner jumping out of a capsule about 39km/120k feet up in the air. How cool was that? Well cold it was, for him.

But also let's not forget the heroism of Malala. No preparation or anything, just standing up what she believes in. How cool and inspirational is she!!!


Firstly I've been training my feet by walking around London with my daughter Kim and her friend Tess. Today their last day in the UK we are taking the bus from Kingston upon Thames to London so we can go to Harrods. How posh is that, by bus to Harrods?

What does the above paragraph have to do with the MdS? Well for me it's about standing on your feet, and I've been standing and walking on my feet. But also it took my mind of running and other things and I've walked some parts of London that I normally run or ignore.

On Sunday 14 October 2012 I participated in the Kingston Breakfast Run. It's not actually called the Kingston Breakfast Run, but that's what I think a lot of people know it by. In April 2009 that was my first running race ever and it took me about 1 hour and 16 minutes. I signed up for it, as a motivation to keep running that I started in the summer in 2008 in Greece. Well 14 October 2012 it took me 59 minutes to run the same distance which is 8.2 miles which is 13.1 km. Guess I've improved a bit.

After that April 2009 event I signed up for a triathlon and it all moved on from there.

So coming weekend we have the MdS expo. Good for meeting new people and seeing/meeting Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Patrick Bauer and some more people, unfortunately I forgot who, but that makes it all the more a surprise party.


I've been playing around a bit with the template\background. If you don't like it let me know and I may take it into account.


https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/michielhoefsmit

No comments:

Post a Comment