Monday 16 April 2018

So what is next after DNF on the MdS

For those not regular runners DNF = Did Not Finish. Means you start a running event but you don't get to the finish line.

So what is next?

I can now go back to go for a run to enjoy. Not to have to train for something. This means if I miss a run, it's ok. I don't have to do x miles/kilometers or x hours to meet an artificial target. I either go for a run or I don't.

I can now focus again on CrossFit an the gym, which will include running.
I can use the gained time to read a book or watch a movie.

I always knew I wanted to go Scuba-Diving, but I never bothered doing it on any of my vacations. Too much hassle and I needed to go for a run, because there was always a race coming up.

Last year, before our honeymoon to the Maldives I did my open water scuba training and did three dives in the Maldives and got my Nitrox license.
In 2018 I did two dives in Fujairah. I am no totally hooked.
In 2018 I will go for my advanced open water, peak performance buoyancy and underwater photography.

Don't get me wrong, the journey's to the MdS have been amazing and taught me a lot and it will always be a benefit having participated. Not in the least for the people you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment