Wednesday 22 May 2013

South Downs Way 100 - Why, UTMB/WESR explanation

What is the relevance, for me, of the Centurion Running South Downs Way 100 miles event. This starts in Winchester and finishes in Eastbourne following the South Downs Way.

1) If finished within 24 hours (my aim) than you will get the 24 hour - 100 mile buckle. This is the standard for the great 100 miles runs across the world.
2) If finished within 30 hours (the cut-off) and this would still make me happy I will qualify for:
3) Western States 100 Endurance Run - WSER the mother of all 100 miles (my words).
4) I will have 7 Ultra-Trail de Mont-Blanc - UTMB - 160 km run in the Alps, covering France, Italy and Switzerland.
5) I will just be happy to finish it and have this under my belt.


It's still part of my personal quest. I still whole-heartedly support Myfanwy Townsend Melanoma Charity, but I'm now focussing on running for myself for a while. This may sound selfish, and maybe it is, but it is what it is.
I will do other things with the charity to support them.

In two years time, 2015, I will be doing the MdS again (her 30th birthday so hope I get in) and may run for charity again.

It is interesting, the difference of events people I met in the Marathon des Sables are now choosing as their next event.  But about this later.

This short blog is just to explain UTMB and WESR to people.


No comments:

Post a Comment