Friday 31 May 2013

South Downs Way 100 - 2 weeks to go

I think I am ready. I had a hard session in the gym today, and couldn't walk the stairs afterwards. I also had a number of good runs and bike rides. I will note bore you all with how long, how far, how fast. 

I understand a number of my MdS compadres will be at the the SDW100. Which should be fun. I think I worked out logistics getting there. Getting back hopefully will be sorted next week. 

I may have stated this before but SDW100 is a 100 mile/160 km race between Winchester and Eastbourne. And you have 30 hours to finish. It wouldn't classify as a walk in the park as we are nowhere near a park. 

After this, I will have some rest and nothing booked until October 6, 13 and 21. Oops that is 3 weeks in a row. Just two marathons and an 8.2m/13.2km in between.

I must say I really look forward to this SDW100. Not sure why, but the weather seems to be heating up and with a bit of luck, it will be more than  degrees even going through the night. If not well hey, we'll get wet. 

As it is two weeks, this will be the last post about it, as the rest will be some more running and other stuff. Not that exciting to read/write about.

My next one will go about the exciting Planet ULTRA and a hot place in the Mediterranean. But more about that next time.

For now, speak soon.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment