Thursday 19 December 2013

Looking (Back, Now, Forward)

Pounds to be lost. Those are not currency pounds. They are weight pounds. Since the last event in October I've been eating and drinking more than exercising. I still have done PE but less than normal. The falling down stairs didn't help. But the volume has gone up slowly. More running and harder sessions. Think I need to get dreaded Xmas out of the way and get back working harder.

But so be it, at least I have noticed that running up the hill outside my house from 200 m to 600 m ascent is getting easier and easier.

It's been cold in Zurich, have even been doing some snow running. By coincidence rather than plan. Wasn't smart, as a simple fall with a big break could see you get killed in the cold. But, life wouldn't be so exciting without those little adventures.

Below, the view on the night of the 18-19 December in Zurich. The Xmas decorations in Bahnhofstrasse near Paradeplatz.


Below is the flame seen from Burkliplatz looking at the lake southbound. Not sure why there is this flame.


Never knew, but there is a such a thing as a gummi-bear shop. If you look good, you can see a gummi-bear wedding cake.


I've now been 6 months in Zurich. I must say, it's one of the fittest cities in the world. Not necessarily the healthiest, as the majority smokes. But in the main, the men and women are fit, very fit.

Yesterday evening while being out with some friends I discovered Kaffee Lutz. Believe me, lethal.
3 dlWasser heiß
0.5 TLKaffee Instantpulver trocken
3Würfelzucker
2 clTräsch - 1
/2 Zwetschge
1/2 Birne Schnaps
Basically Schnaps, hot water, instant coffee, sugar in a glass tea/coffee cup.









Ok, new year coming upon us. Booked into some good events. See My WebSite for more details. Will be good, to be in a house on an island with the MdS crew. Running water and beds. What more can you want.

Ok, this was a short catch up. I still believe blogs should be short stories and not short novels.

So much for now. Have fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment